Helloz...this is a post to help those hu weren't able to make it for the first lesson, as well as to refresh the memories of those hu made it for the class! yup...i make my classes progressive, so absentees hafta catch up =P.
These are the things we learnt during the first lesson...either research abt it online or borrow library books, or ask your ballet classmates before the next lesson. if all else fails, u can email or sms me hehe...but spoon feeding ends after one mth =P. terms are in french...i'll gif a literal translation where needed.
1. Correct posture in ballet
2. Positions of the arms (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, demi seconde, demi bras)
3. Positions of the feet (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th)
4. Port de bras -- carriage of the arms
5. How to point your feet
1. Demi-plies in 1st and 2nd position -- demi=half, plie=bend
3. Battements tendus -- battement=beat, tendu=stretch
1. Port de bras
2. Sautes in 1st and 2nd position -- saute=jump
OK! start studying now! =P